A STORY OF QUALITY
On 6 April Toni Alba Koefia was born in Ravenna. During the years of his schooling, he felt a growing interest in fashion which he carried out in tailoring and millinery workshops. At 16 he designed a new technique, revolutionary for those years: that of cutting the models not on the table but directly on the mannequin, thus giving the creation no longer a flat vision as in the classic but three-dimensional pattern.
In the 1930s / 1940s, he became the owner of a house of creation not of clothes but of models, first in Forlì (Primary Model House) and then in Ravenna. His patterns are requested by the best tailors throughout Europe. With the advent of the Second World War she moved to Florence with her husband Count Ugo Brasini.
Only a few years after the end of the war, he resumed his work and, considering the establishment of an Academy to be opportune and useful, he founded in 1951 in Rome, in the ancient Palazzo Menotti in Via Vittoria Colonna 39, the International Academy of High Fashion and Art of Costume “Koefia”. Courses in drawing, modeling and bearing are activated; a real academy for fashion designers and models. In 1955 the training structure boasts 400 Italian and foreign students who follow courses based on the rules of the “Koefia Method”. In those years the Academy established important relationships with high fashion masters such as Emilio Federico Schuberth who joined the teaching staff. The Koefia International Academy of High Fashion and Costume Art was the first in Italy to operate in the sector under the patronage of the Ministry of Education. In 1954 he published the first and only issue of the magazine “Review of Haute Couture by the Koefia designer house of Haute Couture models” which was sent to the workshops of the tailors who had requested it. In 1961 the Academy participated in the National Costume Competition for dresses reproduced from historical documents, made by master tailors and fashion schools for the 1st Centenary of the Unification of Italy. During the “Torino 61” ceremony, at the Carignano Theater, Countess Koefia was awarded the Gold Medal for the realization, by the students of the Academy, of Teresa Confalonieri’s dress.
The Academy participates in numerous international events, such as the CONCOURS INTERNATIONAL DES JEUNES CRÉATEURS DE MODE which boasts on the jury designers of the caliber of Pierre Cardin, Paco Rabanne, Sonia Rykiel, Christian Lacroix. The competition is held every year in Paris, sponsored by Air France and sponsored by the Chambre Syndicale. In the same years, the Academy established collaborative relationships with the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles, through which the students of the two institutes can carry out a period of exchange and specialization. The Academy also consolidates its presence in China, in particular in Beijing, where it offers Haute Couture courses; here he participates in the HEMPEL AWARD, an international competition for young fashion creators that takes place during the Beijing Fashion Week.
The Academy begins a series of collaborations with important institutions in Italy and abroad.
2000_ Corsi di disegno del figurino presso l’Università di Firenze
2007_ Corsi di disegno del figurino presso l’Università di Roma LA SAPIENZA
2009_ Cooperazione con l’Istituto Secoli di Milano
2012_ Collaborazione e scambio di studenti con il BIFT – Beijing Institute of Fashion & Technology
2014_Accreditamento per l’EUROPEAN BACHELOR e l’EUROPEAN MASTER presso EABHES
L’ACCADEMIA INTERNAZIONALE D’ALTA MODA E D’ARTE DEL COSTUME KOEFIA è accreditata dal 1/03/2014 da E.A.B.H.E.S. European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools
E.A.B.H.E.S. riconosce e approva i titoli di studio rilasciati dai propri membri e li accredita come European Bachelor e Master, introducendo il sistema di capitalizzazione dei crediti formativi. Appartengono a E.A.B.H.E.S. scuole e università europee di elevato standard qualitativo, certificate per l’eccellenza della loro formazione.
Gli Eurepan Bachelor e European Master sono originariamente diplomi universitari nordamericani, adottati a livello mondiale e da tempo anche in Europa. L’ottenimento di questi titoli è sottoposto alla capitalizzazione di crediti, dove con credito si intende uno strumento di valutazione del lavoro effettuato e delle competenze acquisite.
Lo European Bachelor è, nel sistema europeo, il titolo accademico rilasciato a seguito di un corso di studi della convenzionale durata di tre anni e il conseguimento di 180 crediti ECTS. I crediti hanno valore differente secondo il sistema educativo specifico di ciascun paese e per ciascuna specialità, tipo di formazione iniziale seguita e intensità dei corsi. Gli studenti iscritti presso le singole realtà formative accreditate possono, grazie al sistema di equivalenza, farsi accreditare le materie studiate ogni anno su un bollettino annuale dei crediti. Ogni programma attribuisce un diverso numero di crediti alle materie secondo il corso e la specializzazione e quindi i corsi non ricevono tutti lo stesso numero di crediti. Per ottenere il diploma di European Bachelor è necessario essere in possesso di un certificato di lingua Inglese livello B2, tale certificato può essere ottenuto anche dopo i due anni successivi al termine dei tre anni accademici.
Gli European Master sono accessibili agli studenti titolari di un Bachelor o di un diploma equivalente. La loro durata è di un anno (Master di 1° livello – 60 crediti ECTS) o di due anni (Master di 2° livello – 120 crediti ECTS). Uno studente titolare del Bachelor può quindi presentare la propria candidatura per iscriversi a un European Master.
Il livello di accettazione è specifico a ogni istituto, pertanto il candidato non potrà pretendere un’equivalenza automatica.
WHY STUDY AT KOEFIA ACADEMY?
- Oltre 70 anni di eccellenza -E’ dal 1951 che Accademia Koefia insegna ai giovani i segreti dell’Alta Moda, del processo produttivo di progettazione e di realizzazione di abiti e collezioni. The prestige of the school and the skills developed allow Koefia students to enter the world of work at prestigious Brands and Maisons within one year of graduation.
- Accreditamento – I Corsi Accademici Triennali e Biennali sono accreditati da E.A.B.H.E.S. “Bologna Compliant” come European Bachelor (EQF 6) e European Master (EQF 7).
- Reputation – Studying at the Koefia Academy means obtaining a Degree in one of the best Italian Fashion Schools, a school also ranked internationally for the quality of its educational results.
- Curriculum Studiorum – The teaching offer of the Koefia Academy follows international standards. This allows students to decide to study in other schools around the world with the certainty that their learning outcomes are recognized.
- Insertion of the student in the Fashion World – Events, competitions and fashion shows in which the Academy and its students participate during their studies put them in direct contact with the “real” world of fashion, with a professional universe of stylists, brands and famous fashion houses. In the Koefia Academy, students do not simply follow a course, but attend a vital Academy full of events and initiatives. All optional activities offered by the Academy to students are included in the Fee. Koefia Academy offers its students free Business Internships in prestigious Brands and Maisons where they can gain experience and stand out.
- Multiculturalism – Koefia Academy is frequented by many students from other European and non-European countries. Studying in Koefia means knowing and comparing with other cultures and enriching one’s experience in a significant way.
- Rome– Koefia Academy is based in the center of Rome, where Haute Couture was born. Studying in Rome is a dream. The Academy is a stone’s throw from St. Peter’s Basilica, in the “Prati” district, in Via Cola di Rienzo 203, one of the main shopping streets of the Capital City. Reaching it is easy with the Metro (Line A, Stations: Lepanto| Ottaviano).
- Student Services – Students are a family. In the Koefia Academy each student is unique and is followed in all his or her needs – practical and didactic – throughout the course of study. With the result of enhancing his talent and developing skills that will make him an Italian Fashion Professional.
YEARS OF ACTIVITY